I just joined, but the Administrator has disabled my account!
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have a screening process to prevent young ladies seeking "love and companionship" and spammers from joining then contacting members on the website. We have a strict verification process in order to filter out non-Military Brats, spammers and scammers. New signups are usually verified within one day, two at the most.
I can't log in today, but was able to a few days ago—what do I do?
From time to time your website browser may get updated with a new version or you may find your computer operating system updated your operating system and changed something that is affecting your ability to log in.
1) Browser Cookies - Try deleting cookies in your web browser relating to militarybrats.net. Use the "Help" link for your browser for specific instructions on how to delete cookies from your browser. After deleting the cookies, try restarting the browser and see if you can log in.
2) Try Another Web Browser - If deleting cookies does not help, try downloading Firefox or Chrome as an alternative to the browser you are using. These are both free browsers.
3) Email Related - If you can't login and you get a "Email address not recognized", check to make sure you are not using a new email address. MBO uses the email address first associated with the account. If you have changed your email address for your account please contact the administrator.
I have forgotten my password—How can find out what it is?
If you try to log in and see this message, "No record of a member with that email was found." , use the "Forgot Password" link below the login error message and you can request a new password to be sent to your email address you use to log in.
How do I add my picture to my profile?
Mouse over "Profile" and to the right slightly until you see the drop down menu appear, then click on "Change Profile Photo". Follow the prompts on the next screen. You can use the "Browse" button to locate a photo on your computer, then use the "Upload" button to send the photo to your profile page.
Be sure the photo you are trying to upload is less than 1 meg in size. Use your image editing program to make the image approximately 400 pixels wide maximum and the resolution should be no more than 72 dpi. This should result in a file size that is 150 kb. Be sure to use .jpg image files.
How do I size my photos for uploading into Albums?
Photos to be uploaded to Military Brats cannot exceed 200 KB.
If you have an image that you have scanned or moved from your camera to your computer, the actual file size may very large, depending on your camera or scanner settings. If your file size exceeds 200 KB, it will will not upload.For Album photographs, please take the following steps to resize your photos:
1. Duplicate the image file so you do not change your "original" image.
2. Use your computer's photo editing tool so size the image to approximately 300 pixels wide.
3. Make sure the image resolution is set to 72 dpi.
4. Save the image as a .jpg file, at medium quality.
5. Check the final image to make sure it is below 200 kb.
Profile and Privacy
Is my information kept private?
Absolutely. We do not share any personally identifying information about you to any third party. To learn more about privacy policies on Military Brats Online, please click here
How can I change my profile?
You can make your profile private by going to your profile page, then click on the "Edit My Profile" link. Here you can edit all of the profile information. Be sure to save your changes.
When you are finished with your updates, use the "View My Profile" link under your profile photo to see what other members of the website will see. You will note that contact information and other information used for initially signing up is visible to you, but these fields will not be visible to other MBO members.
How can I block users from contacting me?
You can block people by adding their username to your blocked users list. Under every member's profile photo there is a link "Block Member" which you can click on to block that member from contacting you.
Reporting a Problem
How do I report a problem with the website to the administrator?.
To report an error or problem with the site, you can contact us here
. If you have a page error or something is not working right with the website, be sure to detail what page you were on (and the complete URL), what the problem is and if the problem happens again if you log out, then you log back on again.